Friday, July 15, 2016

Love liminially.

love illumines the liminal place
the natural, natal helix
Nature meets nurture
inside the Cosmic Egg.
The serpent and Eve
Entwining inside of Eden.
Adam is adamantly
Infatuated with Lilith.
A little of this, a little of that,
A dash of earth, and we muck it all about.


Life is life is life is life,
filling our guts with boiling light.
Love is life is love is love:*
A double pot of crazy.


You know,


For those eccentric after dinner after-tastes
A cooling mint, a soothing balm
that burns a hole
From tongue to toe
To soul to amygdala.


Build you back up again.
Knock you back up again.


Love is lodged,
Lodged in my lebido
Screwing and cooing
Like locusts
Even as it coils round my heart-soaked broth.


Sighing gives me away
Breathing gives me away
Will you give me away?

*I was really surprised to find this line. This poem was written....I'm not sure, but several weeks ago. I'm sure I could dig it out of my timeline, point is, I was shocked to find this after the events of Orlando and Lin Manuel Miranda's beautiful acceptance speech. Just part of the world I guess. I saw it, considered taking it out, realized I would hate myself if I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment