Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Athena's a Wicked Little Imp, Trying Zeus' Patience till he falls on His Face

Athena.
Child princess of the mind
Whose mind?
Well, mine, I suppose.
Whose mind?
Well, yours, I suppose.
Now, that I think about it.
My mind?
Well, yes, I suppose.
In point of fact, it's yours.
Why?
Well now, I suppose,
All that I possess is yours.
There isn't a single thing
that I would keep from you.
My body is my mind:
My hair as it flecks my pate is mind;
My skin, as it bakes in heaven's ovens is mind;
My wealth, which is but little else but mind, is mind;
My teeth--for nibling, nails--for tickling,
My face--for petting, lips--for kissing,
My laugh--for joying, wit--for playing.
In sum and total allowance
Is all for you and you,
My daughter, my self, my dear, sweet girl.
Why?

Only children silence gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment