Monday, July 11, 2016

Form experiment

Broken
Cannot see the rainbow, only the storm
The light shines down like
radiation on the peat black
harrowing that is my soul
As lime green skeletal
fingers claw through the
over ripe melon called my
flesh. I hear it
A crying, calling, cawing
that heralds the end
of a life too bewildered
When is a hug considered rape?
How is a handshake like murder?
How can biting the hand
that reached for you be wrong?
It belongs to the me.

I don't know him.
Here I sit at the end
of yet another apocalypse
and I have to say:
I'm unimpressed.
I expected a bit more
A bit more melodrama
A bit more flash
A bit more whimper
Instead all I got
was this crappy T-shirt
that reads like a tombstone:
Here Lies Fuck All...
So I chalk it up to bad luck that
I didn't stay dead this time
The classroom that is my parent's
house calls me home
home to another.
As the smoke
rises I breathe
the fragments of
deep charred
flesh. How
I have missed
the smell.
It's mine.

My skin flakes away becoming blackened ash
rising on the sighs of all the friends I never kept
and I can't help but wonder
Do I deserve so blessed a fate

My mother applauds: the sound breaks my bones
My father laughs: I flutter an instant more
My sister reaches: I throw my glass frame to the floor.
Thankfully I shatter

Someone is sweeping up the
pieces
I hope they know what to
do with it
It takes a special sort
of know how to jettison
something into space, but that
isn't the only void to drop me in
In a pinch, the
ocean does twice as well.
Shake me out over the deepest part
leave immediately,
don't look back,
save for the scenery
Let simmer for
thirty minutes.

Let the void chill and serve me

No comments:

Post a Comment