Monday, July 11, 2016

Fearless

I am afraid
I am afraid of never being together
Of always making plans
Of never following through
Of always bleeding money
Of never building time
I am afraid
I am afraid of getting lost
Of never being found
Of walking till no one is following
Of looking ahead and seeing
the armies marshalled against me
Of never ever finding
comfort in the company I keep
I am afraid
I am afraid of being the hero
Of being forced to play the villain
Because I am so, so good at it
So, so fucking good at it
Of wearing the mask that sears
the ties that cry, the binds that brook no breaking
And none can see the tears run down
The hollow, empty joy when I am beaten down
Because the scars are cheap, heroes come easy
But, I can take the bruises, I can take the hurt
Because for every superhero there is a villain left unheard
So bring on the pain, bring on the curses
I can take it if it means the other children don't

No more fear

No comments:

Post a Comment