Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Untitled Drivel - Part II

I have to keep the outside stairs
The far-flung corner that nobody sees
Afraid of cold and empty stares
Alone and covered in fleas
That eat right through my hopeful, fungal clutching.
The sole attraction at this freakshow I call home
Well employed inside my mind, dancing bullets raining
Upon my tidy grave all filled with loam.

My heart leaps when I smell a touch

Come, stay with me, my empty darlings,
We can make this place a home
Ride inside my vacant eyes,
Where screams can ever roam.
There is a storm inside my heart and mind,
They’ve not been friends for quite some time
Mother taught me you should listen
to that calming voice inside your rind:
That Liar deep within your throat,
Just waiting to be heard,
My little devil who licks and grins
Lapping acid off my soul and into words;
Plays with bones of lovers lost
Living cozy in my ribs
And never lets me go away
He holds me close with tales of cribs.

Started charging rent I did,
Because he wouldn’t leave my soul;
Couldn’t make the eviction stick,
Lost and wearied on my own.
He laughs and jeers at the song I sing
on cold and empty streets of yore,
I stayed to talk in hail and storms
Waiting on his fictions, I deplore.
Walking cross the broken glass
may have been extreme,
But still I swear my dear, dear lass,
If only I could remember your good, good name
It was for her good, the one I love.

I eat the pain and vomit up the joy
My eyes are bleeding, but they call it tears,
I’ll keep on eating, please, oh please
Savoring all the wasted years.
Can’t take these bags of shit that cave my chest
But, they are chained to my emaciated breast:
A little gift from lady love.
Say farewell to those I love:
The list entails my whole wide life
of family, friends, and fuckers all
You’ll still be at it when I come again
Come cracking through that burning caul.

So here’s my song, I hope it lasts
As long as my heart beats
As long as my heart beat
As long as a heart beat
As long as a heart…
Beat.

I can’t imagine a world where story ends
So my last one hope:
My story fades and becomes a legend
A moral for school kids to learn and dote
A source for their derision
So the school yard taunts can haunt my ghost
Long after the hurt stops hurting
But let me say before I go, what hurts the most
Is yours and you attacking, laughing
While I lie down upon my sword.
Bad form allows for jokes like that
To be played on me and mine
I’ll take on the whole wide world
if I could stop just one sad child
from ever being afraid like me
I’ll stomp and kill the monsters in the dark

Even though they look like me

No comments:

Post a Comment