Friday, August 12, 2016

Custodian of me

I could not stop for death,
So death kindly stopped for me. I
have wanted death to stop for me for so long
I feel them. Shifts beneath my character. Seismic yearnings
Hope and joy spring higher, but so too do the dark things.
I have never been safe
since before I was born
I cannot see the evil for the evil is within,
but I like to love to think that I think I like to love, but in reali-factuality I learn to love because
I have been taught to think that love will think to kill me
It is best to know thy enemy, but I have never known myself that well.
So I sit in the melancholeric dark,
waiting for a storm shaped like a girl to stake me
in my motherfucking heart
I would never be quick to judge, but
I think I love the ones who do
After all, they have impeccable taste
Because giving a heart is like
a lead weight on a sinking life raft
in shark-infested storms. What am I to do
custodian of me
plus two?

No comments:

Post a Comment