Thursday, August 4, 2016

Did you know there are infinitely more rhymes for "scalpel" than "love"?

Sleepless nights
And
sleepless fights
Cascading
Through the living room:

Unmade beds
And
Unwed threads
In the corners of my heart

Conscripted hearts
Can’t
Help but keep them apart

On the lam,
A little more
lost
Each and every year.
Something missing
Useless pissing
Hopeless passing
Hope is passing
In the throes
Of still more
Frightening foes.

Breaking even
Never broke me
This much
Till now.
Beneficence
never went
hand in hand
With malevolence
till you wielded
The love-sick
scalpel.

Drunkenly wheeling
as I steady you
Stabbing my guts
Again
Again.

There it is.
You’ve pierced
The heart now
Now,
push a little deeper
Now
dig a little further
Now.

No?
All right.
We can stop there
for now.
I hope
this session was suitable.
I hope

This lesson was fruitful.

No comments:

Post a Comment