Saturday, August 13, 2016

Untitled Drivel - Part I

I did not love until my dying breath.
I keep on loving still.
I did not die before my time.
I never die until--

Cannot see the forest for the trees.
Too caught up in catching flowers.
I have not seen the other seas:
The one inside your breast held my sunburst heart.

I did not care for home cooked meals,
Til one was made for me.
I couldn’t see my sickness.
Till, at long long last, I healed.

Worry I write too little.
Worry I say too much.
I have no rhyme or reason
Because I never studied such.

Mother told me “Go to school”
She never told me to learn
I went to all my classes as a rule
And never went outside though I yearned.

My lessons are the scars I keep
Inside the jar that is my heart
My sentences are never full
Having never been allowed to start.

I am comfortable with silence
Because I was told my voice is _________ (horror)
My love is boundless
Hoping I might die less

I strap my loves to my emaciated chest
In the hopes that they won’t leave
Before the timer counts to dying
In this warm and fuzzy breast.

I have never been told I love you first
I have never been attractive
I have never been the one beloved
I have never been non-radioactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment